Hurried Practice

"You're So Transparent!"
oil on linen on panel, 6" x 8"


This morning was rushed and I was panicked that I had not posted yesterday . . .or painted yesterday or today . . . . . .soooooo . . .I had to get busy!


A promise is a promise. Daily is what I signed up for, so Daily is what I have to do. Anything else is an excuse. I have to fold it in with everything else. My drive to create masterworks every time . . .and save embarrassment if I goof it up . . . .is huge. But I also know in my heart that this is just another practice piece. And, as I have said before, it still counts toward mastery at some point.


So here it is. Bad drawing and all. Serves me right for rushing through it. That's another lesson I must learn . . . . .to remove myself from all else while I paint. It doesn't pay to rush because what I get in the end isn't what I am looking for in improvement. This time, as in others, it was those lousy douzy elipses!!! No scraping today. No time!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,