Last Day of Event

"From The Stairs"
oil on canvas on panel, 12" x 16"



This is my last painting for the plein air event here in town.


Having never tackled urban subjects much, I figgered (yes, I know how to spell it) I'd give it a shot. The cool thing about this piece is that it is a very unusual point of view of the town center. As paintings go, it is hardly a prize winner, but the light and the subject will have great local appeal.


As you might guess by now, I don't care to paint comfortably. It just isn't my style to crank out paintings without challenge . . .even when the painting is going to a show. I'd rather put it all on the line in favor of forcing myself to overcome the next painting challenge. I learned a bunch with this piece and will paint it again and agin. Next time, I intend to exaggerate sizes more and add some lively activity to the intersection. Meanwhile, I will prolly fix the windows and clean up the center of interest on this one before Monday afternoon.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,