They All Count!

"Strawberries"
oil on linen on panel, 8" x 10"


This weekend, while doing everything else, I went to a quickie workshop . . .just 3 hours . . .and made this fast piece with just a few intentions: focus on technique, paint quality and color. If I can pick up some of that stuff, the rest (design) will fall into place from my other painting and art experience . . . . . .well, at least, I'll have a start on it. I am not sure anyone ever truly masters that stuff. We just get better than last year. In order to become better, we must build experience . . . . from that viewpoint, every painting we do as painters, good or bad, counts! That's right. They all count. Even if they never see the light of day ever again. Even if they end up in a dumpster. Every painting counts toward getting better.


So this little guy was a 'hurry up' painting. I wasn't concerned about making a great piece. Just deliver the paint, work on strokes, improve color.


Stay tuned. They will, eventually, get better. I just have to do many, many more. Life is great, isn't it?!!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,