Retrospection



"Sur Sunday"
oil on linen panel, 8" x 10"
SOLD

This weekend was a blast. I spent most of it scootin' around with my buddy Mark Mehaffey from Michigan. He came out west to teach a workshop here in my local watercolor society.


Since he had never seen the California Coast, we wove our way southward about 100 miles and nearly wore out our digital cameras taking photos. Great times, for sure!


This is one of the stops we made looking accross this bay of sorts to the hills of Big Sur. While I rarely use photos to paint from, this morning was an exception. It gave me the opportunity to try a few more things with the brush and paint. Incidentally, the bright red shapes are of a succulent that grows here called Ice Plant. It turns incredible shades of red during the early fall.

Labels: , , , ,